Sunday, April 28, 2013

Day 118 of my 365 blog

April 28th,

I am so excited about this Marathon,  I am so very nervous too!  I can across this saying about running that I just had to share:


So I Went for a Run.


I was angry, so I went for a run. And things got better.
I was confused, so I went for a run. And things got better.
I was exhausted, so I went for a run. And things got better.
I was lost, unsure, empty, afraid. Certain that whatever was left of my sanity had snapped, had come untethered and floated away, to a place so high and remote that I would never see it again, and that even if I did, I wouldn't recognize it.
So I went for a run. And things got better.
I felt like things could not possibly get worse, so I went for a run. And things got better.
(Another time, I felt like things could not get much better. I went for a run. Things got much better.)
After enough miles, over enough runs and enough years, I realized: No matter what, no matter when, or where, or why, I can find my shoes and go for a run and things will get better. And that realization? Just knowing that? It made things better.

It was so nice to meet up with mom today after our run!  So excited for her and her 2nd half marathon!

This was after all of our runs this morning!



Pgh Marathon
7 days! Eeeeek!!
Awesome 7.2m hilly run
1:06


2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the saying!!!! You are going to have an AWESOME run this Sunday!!! You got this.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things really do get better, especially when you can meet up with your kids after a run...look how close you and David have become because of running! Love, Love, Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete